Dr. Bello is an engaging eye doctor in Chicago who wants his patients to understand and participate in their eye care. He is an avid community activist and takes pride in his Italian-American Heritage. He is a loving husband, family man, educator and eye surgeon with the upmost concern for his patients.
Dr. Bello earned his first degree in Chemical Engineering at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. Afterwards, he pursued his medical degree at Northwestern University School of Medicine, and graduated in 1980. He served his medical internship at Evanston Hospital, and his ophthalmology residency at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. He furthered his training with a fellowship in Corneal and External Eye Disease at the King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, one of the world’s largest eye specialty hospitals. Dr. Bello, a board certified ophthalmologist, has been an active member at Resurrection Medical Center Hospital since 1988. Currently, Dr. Bello is the Chairperson for the Department of Surgery at Resurrection Medical Center. In addition, he also serves on other hospital committees in the Chicago area.
If you are looking for an experienced eye doctor in Chicago, IL contact us to schedule an exam today!
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 1974 B.S. Chemical Engineering
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 1980 M.D.
Post Doctoral Training:
- Evanston Hospital- Straight Medicine Internship- Evanston, IL 1980-1981
- Tulane Medical Center, Tulane University- New Orleans, LA 1981-1984
- King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1984-1985
- Fellowship in Corneal and External Eye Disease
- State of Illinois, Licensed Physician and Surgeon 1981- Present
- American Academy of Ophthalmology 1989- Present
- Resurrection Medical Center Chicago, IL- General Ophthalmology and Corneal and External Eye Diseases 1988- Present
- Golf Surgical Center Des Plaines, IL- Active Staff 1990- Present
- Belmont/ Harlem Surgery Center LLC Chicago, IL- Active Staff 2007- Present
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Member 1981- Present
- American Medical Association 1986-1989
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery 1992- Present
- American Management Association 2007- Present
- Contact Lens Association of America 2005- Present
- Florence County Medical Society 1986-1989
- Illinois Association of Ophthalmology, Inc. 1993- Present
- International Academy of Sports Vision 1999-2002
- International Society of Refractive Surgery 2001- Present
- Medical Group Management Association 1993-1996
- South Carolina Medical Association 1986-1989
Resurrection Medical Center
- Chairperson, Department of Surgery 2007- 2009
- Chairperson, Department of Ophthalmology 1994-2008; 2010-Present
- Member, Department of Surgery 1994- 2009
- Member, Executive Committee 2007- 2009
- Member, Planning Committee 1990- 2006
Florence Community Hospital, Q.A. 1986-1988
Professional Committee Appointments:
Resurrection Physicians Provider Group, Inc
- Chairperson Board of Directors 2000- Present
- Secretary/ Director 1988- 1999
Belmont/ Harlem Surgery Center, LLC
- Chairperson Board of Directors 2007- Present
If you are looking for an eye doctor in the Chicago area, call us today at 773-775-9755 to schedule your eye exam today.